Council members have discussed the need for regional behavioral health studies. In recent years, courageous leaders in the high country have taken bold steps to address a crisis that impacts us each and all. In 2022, NWCCOG will highlight those efforts and encourage action in other communities. I’m talking about a suite of issues known as Behavioral Health which includes all types of mental health and addiction.
- Elected Leaders Collective – Recommended by Councilmember Miesrow from Aspen who is a co-creator of the group, the Elected Leaders Collaborative is a membership support group for elected officials that provides various coping tools with the end of “Healing Our Politics”.
- January 2022 – Behavioral Health Transformation – (Eagle Valley Behavioral Health presentation)
- December 2021 – Can we tackle the Mental Health Crisis together – (NWCCOG Newsletter)
- June 2020 – Use of Force – (NWCCOG Newsletter)
- March 2019 – Memo on County Mental Health Initiatives – (Eagle County Public Health Innovations)
- March 2019 – Eagle County Public/Mental Health Update
- 2018 IA Presentation – (Presentation from Summit County)
- July 2018 – Summit County Mental Health Improvement Plan