Resources for QQ Opposition to amendment 74 (2018)
At its August meeting, QQ unanimously opposed Amendment 74 because of the potential negative impact to the use of local and state regulations to protect water quality and quantity. This page contains resources for members and partners to educate and advocate against this amendment.
QQ Memorandum on Amendment 74 from Torie Jarvis and Barbara Green to QQ members and partners (dated Sept. 18, 2018).
- Text for ballot question available here. Proposed changes to the Colorado Constitution depicted below in capitalized letters.
- One page opposition memo.
- Packet of resources for municipal officials.
- Sample resolution.
- Denver Post Editorial Board, Reject Amendment 74’s Threat to Good Land Use Policy, Denver Post (September 16, 2018), https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/16/reject-amendment-74s-threat-to-good-land-use-policy/.
- Marianne Goodland, Oil and Gas Industry Picking Up Pace of Campaign Funding, Durango Herald (September 5, 2018), https://durangoherald.com/articles/239864
- Mark Jaffe, Initiative 108 could blunt local land-use rules, officials warn, Colorado Politics (August 1, 2018), https://coloradopolitics.com/colorado-ballot-initiative-could-blunt-local-land-use-regulation/
- Daily Sentinel Editorial Board, Two for the Scrap Heap, Grand Junction Sentinel (August 19, 2018), https://www.gjsentinel.com/opinion/editorials/two-for-the-scrap-heap/article_87570c62-a343-11e8-a8ff-10604b9f7e7c.html.
- Colorado Farm Bureau, Colorado Farm Bureau Proposes Initiative to Protect Private Property Rights, The Fence Post (January 11, 2018), available at https://www.thefencepost.com/news/colorado-farm-bureau-proposes-initiative-to-protect-private-property-rights/