2012 208 Regional Water Quality Management Plan
The 2012 revision is largely an update of the 2002 plan. While not a major overhaul, it provides more recent information and removes errors due conditions that have changed in the last decade since the previous update. It is still contained in two volumes; Volume 1 explains the legal underpinnings of the 208 Plan and outlines policies and recommendations to implement those policies, Volume 2 provides technical background information on the waters of Region XII. The 2012 NWCCOG 208 Plan will be submitted to the Colorado Water Quality Control Commission for approval next.
Functions of the Watershed Services Program include:
Regional Permit Reviews:
- Discharge Permits
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Site Applications
- 401 Permits
- Project Development
- Grant and Loan Applications related to Water Quality
- Land-Use Issues related to Water Quality Impacts
- Advocating for Local Interests on Water Quality and Environmental Regulations
- NWCCOG has developed Model Water Quality Protection Standards and Definitions to these standards.
Use Attainability Analysis, Lower French Gulch and the Blue River Downstream of French Gulch, May 5, 2003: